The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Rebuilt two RN doors with the aid of Martin Prior frames, it's much easier than making the frames.    
Dave, how does rain water escape from the inside of the door, and what treatment do you do to the wood to stop it rotting?
Bob
The lower two cross members have drain holes in them and they are not a tight fit in the door skin with plenty of room for water drainage. Unlike the RP door skin where the bottom flange forms a vee to collect water the RN bottom flange is at 90 degrees to the skin so all the water can drain out. Before assembly each frame member was submerged in a a length of household gutter filled with wood preserver.
That sounds good for the next 80 years or so.
That was the intention.
This weekend was a pretty momentous one.  After a long wait & a few setbacks, we finally got the wiring finished on Adam's Cambridge bodied special & he was able to give it a few test runs.

We just need a few hillclimbs to attend now.

http://mk1-performance-conversions.co.uk/web/hog1st.mp4
(19-10-2020, 11:35 AM)mk1-mark Wrote: This weekend was a pretty momentous one.  After a long wait & a few setbacks, we finally got the wiring finished on Adam's Cambridge bodied special & he was able to give it a few test runs.

We just need a few hillclimbs to attend now.

http://mk1-performance-conversions.co.uk/web/hog1st.mp4

Well that must be satisfying, after all the challenges . Sounds very good

Charles
That's excellent news, Mark. As I said I would a few weeks ago, I've now joined BARC Yorks so Harewood here we come - hopefully!!

Steve
We look forward to seeing you there Steve.

Just back after our first week away since March. Luckily we're still able to travel and socialize down here in the West Country.....