The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Hi Tony 

Well that puts my misdemeanour of a wrongly labelled petrol can in perspective.  However the wife’s uncle (also now departed) drove his cars on red diesel. Where he got it from I’m not sure.......but he was the local vicar  Smile.

Cheers

Howard
I can 'top' that: I've got a 500 gallon tank buried in front of my garage - it used to be the local taxi depot (an Austin 16 and an Armstrong Siddeley)!
I had to replace the oil fired heating with gas and was left with about 200 litres of central heating oil. I considered briefly the sneaky option to use it in a car and discovered that unless you have a very old vehicle (think 3rd world taxi type) the injection pump wouldn't last long. I could have diluted it with normal diesel but that's a faff and of course illegal (so I wouldn't do it!).
I ended up paying someone to take it away.
It is very good for soaking heavily encrusted engines and axles etc. really helps to loosen the dirt and grime.
(15-10-2020, 07:47 PM)Charles P Wrote: I had to replace the oil fired heating with gas and was left with about 200 litres of central heating oil. I considered briefly the sneaky option to use it in a car and discovered that unless you have a very old vehicle (think 3rd world taxi type) the injection pump wouldn't last long. I could have diluted it with normal diesel but that's a faff and of course illegal (so I wouldn't do it!).
I ended up paying someone to take it away.

Doh!. Mixed 20:1 with rapeseed oil its lubricity and cetane are very close to DERV. And perfectly fine in even a common rail.

It would have been worth buying a late Pug 205 dt just to burn it neat. I used to run my 306 with the same engine on Straight veg oil straight out of Lidl. Though a dash of turps helped with the diesel rattle when it was cold. I'd be lieing if I said I hadnt tried 28sec. My tractor loves it. The exhaust smells nicer too
(15-10-2020, 07:34 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I can 'top' that: I've got a 500 gallon tank buried in front of my garage - it used to be the local taxi depot (an Austin 16 and an Armstrong Siddeley)!
He's even got the pump as well... If Mike pours his old engine oil into it shouldn't be full - assuming we keeping IC-engined cars - until around 2285.
But then what do I do?  Angel

This week we made and fitted the first door lining. Seats done by Simon Laxton, but the door is all by own work, with help from Christine of course. First we stripped down and fixed the sewing machine so I could sew this fancy pocket.
Very nicely done indeed Andrew !!

Such an elegant colour combination

Aye
Greig
Nothing special.  Wink

.jpg   20201017_161542.jpg (Size: 166.88 KB / Downloads: 243)