The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I use blue antifreeze in all three of my vehicles. Antifreeze contains corrosion inhibitors, so any problems with the aluminium water hose connection is likely to be caused by sacrificial anode activity, as stated. Much of the corrosion may have set in during years gone by when putting antifreeze into cars was not so common and people simply drained the system ro used those little paraffin heaters that you used to be able to get from Gamages to keep the chill off.

And in answer to the question posed by this thread, I washed my Seven. It has spent the last few days being the daily driver whilst i serviced the Polo and gave it a new cambelt. As a result, mostly due to the mixed weather we have been having here in the welsh fastnesses, it was quite travel-stained and the blanket tat covers the rear seat was beginning to smell of wet dog. I had also heard from my insurers who wanted up to date photos of the car for agreed valuation purposes, so it needed to be be presentable for its photo shoot and not in its more usual urchin-like state.

(Photo taken with my best digital camera and not the ancient Kodak DC20!)

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 12-10-2020, 03:23 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM