The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Well yesterday, actually. Starting to prepare an excellent sand cast vintage coil crankcase for an engine build. The crankcase is one of the best I've seen in a long time with every thread in perfect condition, an undamaged bearing lip and only a small, insignificant, repair evident to one rear corner. It was, however, very dirty so it's been to the vapour blasting man and I collected it back on Tuesday evening. He's done a tremendous job and the thing is now immaculate.

Trouble is it's that clean it looks like it was cast yesterday to the point that it looks to have been freshly painted with aluminium paint  Cool In addition, given that it's sand cast, every lump and bump is very obvious. Whilst I like my cars to be tidy, those that know me will confirm I don't do super shiny and as things are, this engine's going to be super shiny to the point I'll find it embarrassing. The crankcase is simply too good not to use. Perhaps only show it to people wearing sun glasses?

Steve Huh

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Steve Jones - 08-10-2020, 01:57 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM