The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
With the return of brighter weather I decided to have a run out in the RP. However, before setting off I jacked all four wheels off the deck and adjusted the brakes as the new front linings had now bedded in. Isn't it nice to have a firm pedal and lots of reserve travel? The new woven high friction linings from Dave Cochrane really do seem to improve things (relatively of course)

Living out here in the sticks, the pace of life is a lot slower than in the UK big cities and things like Health & Safety and Traffic Management are only things that workmen have read about in books and never really have to pay attention to (until the merde hits the ventilateur). On my way round I came across a couple of engineers replacing a power cable, which in this neck of the woods tend to be strung from poles rather than buried, so I was forced to wait a few few minutes while the guy in the cherry picker finished doing what he was doing. Rather than getting frustrated, it's easier just to treat it as a short holiday...

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Reckless Rat - 07-10-2020, 05:42 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM