The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I have to confess that I have never driven over the road on your photo, Dave, which I believe is called Keighley Gates.   I am always wary of having unmade roads on my runs as it might upset some folks and it causes a headache with getting an MSA permit.   Nowadays anything with an internal combustion engine is persona non gratis on unmade roads.  It is okay for mountain bikes and horses to churn them up.
One year I introduced some 'optional sections' on the Coast to Coast Run and these were well received.   The unmade White Horse Bank at Kilburn near Thirsk was one such section.   When we were trying to organise a VSCC Yorkshire Trial  a few years ago Steve brought his trials Chummy up to Thirsk and we found a road up to the Observatory at Oldstead that made the White Horse White look like a motorway.  A rock step about 18" high finally stopped us!

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Malcolm Parker - 26-07-2020, 09:34 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM