The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

A while ago I applied the Dunford Directions to fitting a side emission exhaust to the Ruby. (Remove exhaust pipe by taking off n/s rear wheel & jiggling pipe  about to extract it, apply angle grinder to pipe to get a suitable short  curved length, rake about in bin to find appropriate dia bit of stainless tube probably left over from dead vacuum cleaner, put  pipe back on and tighten clamp) I did not really notice any difference until this week, when the bridge over the canal was shut due to repairs to a bashed parapet. This means essential shopping has to pass along a lane with numerous speed bumps. I'd previously  thought that the rattling and bashing noises over such bumps were caused by chocks, warning triangle and other emergency items stowed under the spare wheel, or maybe even bump stops, but no. The long unsupported and wobbly exhaust pipe had been waving up and down, speed over bumps is now greater and bashing noises disappeared.  Thanks as ever to the dispenser of advise and knowledge.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Steve kay - 08-07-2020, 08:50 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM