The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Had it gone off Greig?
today I got the carb back on and found some perfect fuel pipe sections to neatly connect things to the hole in the passenger side bulkhead, on into the van tank outlet. In the car later I realised I had forgotten the crankcase has a fuel pump...
As it's cold and wet here it was time to have a play with nickel plating some brass odds and ends for the Special's dash.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cheers

Mark
(04-07-2020, 02:35 AM)Mark McKibbin Wrote: As it's cold and wet here it was time to have a play with nickel plating some brass odds and ends for the Special's dash.

Pictures of the finished item please Mark
The fuel gauge was out of an MGB with an austin decal so I machined a bezel from a brass plumbing fitting so as to match the other gauges. I was not concerned with making it shiny just getting the colour closer to the other instruments some are chrome and some are nickel.

Attached Files
.jpg   Resized IMG_20200704_110918 .jpg (Size: 188.65 KB / Downloads: 586)
.jpg   Resized IMG_20200704_110941 .jpg (Size: 193.42 KB / Downloads: 585)
Cheers

Mark
Yesterday (the 4th July) was the 87th anniversary of my RP's registration and I had intended to take the car for a 'birthday trundle' However, the weather was wet and windy all day and so generally atrocious that it didn't happen.

The weather today was rather better, and, as I had occasion to go to Wrexham I took the Seven.
(03-07-2020, 09:56 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Had it gone off Greig?

Very sharp there Zeto..... !!

Nah we had a spammer post junk on the thread, so I elevated it up to Admin & they have deleted his post & spam-cleaned & banned him. Admin here does a great job

Aye
Greig
(04-07-2020, 10:01 AM)Mark McKibbin Wrote: The fuel gauge was out of an MGB with an austin decal so I machined a bezel from a brass plumbing fitting so as to match the other gauges. I was not concerned with making it shiny just getting the colour closer to the other instruments some are chrome and some are nickel.

Nice work Mark, and creative use of plumbing fittings

c
Lovely job Mark. You can't beat the satisfaction of making something from scrap.
Dave.
Smile Hi Thats a good lookiin car did you build it. I recently completed a 36 ruby myself havnt worked to do photos yet am in Te Aroha  Cheers Ron