The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Aigoual

Photo of the cars from the BA7C trip in 1974 - including a few members of this Forum:

And a picture of me (sans barbe) on that very trip...

.jpg   fb4a87a8-d6e9-424e-9d60-d708ce18ddb7.jpg (Size: 45.54 KB / Downloads: 751)

Bonne route Reckkers!
I've finally got around to fitting some aluminium facing panels for the boot on my cup. Its a bit of a headache, not sure how others have done this?
I have got them pretty much trimmed to size, now need to drill and countersink them then bend round inner face.
I've also fitted some experimental front brake levers, they are made out of long levers but with the ball cut and welded on pointing downwards, my theory is that it makes more sense for the balls to be this way as there is horizontal movement from steering than fore an aft travel when using the brakes. I hope that this will avoid them binding on full lock. Has anyone else tried this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Today, I'se been mostly fitting wings !!!! :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Perfect weather Bruce - another good modern photo. Good climb, well done.
Did she remain cool Bruce? I could have followed you on Whats App if I knew what it was!
Ambient temperature yesterday was 26°C. Journey there and back was about 145 miles. I did quite a bit of 3rd gear running, due to both gradient and the state of some of the minor roads, but I don't over thrash the car these days just let it run at around 25mph on the climbs. Three climbs to around 800m on the way and then a long 28km climb to the summit from Vallerauges to the Observatory at 1576 metres. No overheating whatsoever. (Export fan helps down here). Fuel consumtion was three gallons (48mpg) and no oil.
(19-05-2020, 02:16 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Ambient temperature yesterday was 26°C. Journey there and back was about 145 miles. I did quite a bit of 3rd gear running, due to both gradient and the state of some of the minor roads, but I don't over thrash the car these days just let it run at around 25mph on the climbs. Three climbs to around 800m on the way and then a long 28km climb to the summit from Vallerauges to the Observatory at 1576 metres. No overheating whatsoever. (Export fan helps down here). Fuel consumtion was three gallons (48mpg) and no oil.
 Rekkers.

I presume that your 25mph on the climbs as in top. On its crash type 4 speed box. my car is virtually flat out at 25 in third (it won't quite reach 30 in that gear).  What do you keep it to in third?

Your fuel consumption is very good. The best my car does here in North Wales is 36 to 38 mpg Now i have sorted out the fueling issue, it doesn't overheat on hills though.

Mind you, it hasn't been out since I did the test run up Bwlch-y-Groes and Foel Goch not quite a week ago.
That's 25mph in 3rd, David. My car will happily pull 30mph uphill in 3rd if I let it. Don't know how accurate the speedo is so there may be some margin for error in that!
An excellent performance from the old RP, Bruce! Mine would regularly do around 48 mpg too, but it's never reached that altitude in its life, as far as I know.

Just taken five vintage tyres off mine to paint the rims and fit new ones, the spare was donkeys years old and the knackered tube I have removed, must be pre-war, check this out...

Attached Files
.jpg   Inner tube.jpg (Size: 230.08 KB / Downloads: 197)