The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Fitted them to my Ruby as well.

[Image: Ruby02.jpg]
Well done Joy Cooke for navigating the not wholly operational Cambridge Special so well round the Cotswolds, as ever, significantly faster than a Ruby, or scoring more points anyway. Organiser Bob Blackstock must be a tired but happy man, getting no less than fifty entries. Some usual suspects were late entries, after the initial entry list had been circulated. If I had seen French Dave Crouch, and Nettie and Adrian Bradshaw claiming to be novices, then I would have asked to be put in the same class, and got an additional half hour!

Today...

Yet more work on the imperfections in the doors.
The virtual rally was great fun.

Thanks for your congratulations for Joy Cooke, Steve. Unfortunately, she is my daughter in law, and she beat us. At least I beat my daughter.
Unfortunately, I spent the first 35 minutes trying to explain left/right and north/south to my wife, without letting her get too excited. We didn't get our first answer for 45 mins, but then the answers started flowing. Really hope that we can do one again.

If there is another one, I will try to remember to post details on this thread.

Have a good day. I'll be outside, finally getting somewhere with my Cambridge. It's been 37 years of trying to get it done, whilst working in a pressure environment. This furlough stuff is working really well for me.

Colin

(03-05-2020, 10:09 AM)Alan Wrote: Guys, which rally is this?

Hi Alan,

Sorry didn't get to answer this. I don't check this site regularly enough.
In the absence of the Cotswold inter-register event, Bob Blackstock organized a virtual one using O/S map and streetview.
If I see another one, I'll put the details on here, if the organizer is happy with that.
Thanks to Commendatore Cooke for explaining who is who in the Team, well done all.
 I am learning that there are certain ways of doing such events that can be slightly quicker than an old chap like myself performing the full plotting. I gather that certain persons go straight to Google to look up "Farmers Arms" or "Recycling Centre" 
 At least me and thee actually managed the rally. About half nine that morning I rang up an occasional navvy of mine to see if he was ready for the event. His reply was that he had everything sorted out and ready, and was very much looking forward to it, the next day. I had to point it that it was in fact Sunday even as I spoke. This provoked a little Cheshire cursing and swearing, and sad attribution of not knowing what day it was to lockdown fever, rather than merely to advanced years.
        Just completed the resurrection of a mutilated starting handle housing for a friend's 3 speed RN. He requested I made it 8.25" long to get the handle clear of the rad cowl whereas a standard 3 speed RN one is 7.25". We haven't worked out why he needs the extra inch.

My father went up to the great drawing office in the sky on Saturday morning, not quite 95, no pain just went to sleep. I reckoned that delivering the various bits of signed paperwork to the undertaker was about as essential a journey as you could get, so the Ruby did many miles in the sunshine.
Hi Steve

Sympathy and condolences from me. 

Best wishes

Howard
Sorry to hear that Steve, my condolences. Sounds like he went on his way peacefully which is something to be thankful for.
My condolences Steve. If I can make 95 and go out peacefully, I won't be complaining.