The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(26-04-2020, 01:58 PM)Robert Foreman Wrote:    Luckily the driver was thrown clear and survived with just cuts and bruises.

don't you just hate paper cuts?
For an amateur trimmer Steve I think you have made an excellent job of your trim cards for the chummy.

Henry, I can't do quotes but you are a paper fetishist.
Ah, yes Robert, but you are a metal fetishist.
Aye Henry, that be true.
Pottering in the garage today doing a bit of tidying up I came across a tyre maintenance booklet which is dated 1933 and came with the Austin. When I originally acquired the car it had an age related number which was subsequently voided by the local LVLO due to some irregularity concerning a three vehicle cherished mark change and another age related one was allocated to the car, NFF236. I never had a buff log book other than one for another Austin which didn't have the correct numbers. However, casually browsing through the tyre booklet which bore the stamp of SO Broom, Burgoyne Road ( which I presume is a Sheffield address) I found a comment in pencil regarding the tyre pressures for a car reg WY 7811... could it be the original reg of my RP. The number comes up no trace on DVLA.    

Booklet
Curious; WY is a West Riding of Yorkshire sequence, issued between 1921 and 1923 ... I suppose it could have been retained and transferred to a later car, this did happen occasionally, but usually only with a far more distinctive number than 7811!
280 Burgoyne Rd in Sheffield is a terraced house too, so I doubt if the name EO Broom as stamped on the booklet was a dealership, if it is in fact from Sheffield. I wonder...
There are several other Burgoyne Roads:

Camberley
London N4
London SE25
London SW9
Sheffield S6
Southampton
Southsea
Sunbury on Thames
(26-04-2020, 07:44 PM)Steve Clare Wrote: Had a bit of fun the last couple of days fitting new interior trim panels to my chummy
2.5mm ply, with Rexine substitute from Ratchford (which Ruaridh recommended and is very good).
I used PVA to fix it, which worked well. Then mounted with black japanned gym pins, which I got off Ebay.
Not bad, although I now think trimmers earn every penny they ask!
Anyway, a big improvement on the old warped hardboard and cups and screws.

Very impressive job Steve
If only that Ratchford bookbindery stuff was in wider circulation as it really looks authentic. I have heard about it being used for exterior use too, with a tougher unseen underlay underneath.