The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
The latest recommendation from the FBHVC is that all activities that involve taking a historic vehicle out on the road specifically for the purposes of Drive it Day, now be abandoned. All enthusiasts are now urged to stay at home on 26 April 2020 and not partake in any non-essential travel for Drive it Day and instead, get involved in a nationwide social media campaign to spread positivity around historic vehicles during this difficult time. More details here:

www.fbhvc.co.uk/news/article/federation-of-british-historic-vehicle-clubs-updated-statement-on-drive-it-day-2020
My Ruby gets used for any faintly essential shopping or delivering. Tomorrow, thuogh, I will not be taking it anywhere as I fear that would risk being mis-interpreted and seen to be antisocial.
A bright spark in our club suggested that as we cannot/should not take our cars out, if you have a driveway put your classic/Seven on it so people out exercising have something interesting to look at. And you can always chat from a distance. I have done it. It works.
I use the Pembleton or Austin as a drive to work in good weather. It's been wonderful driving as the road is a bit of a "rat run" but has been empty for the last month. I have no choice but to continue working as I am in a category that the safety net excludes, a director of a limited company taking only dividend rather than a salary. I know many small business owners who are picking up support and also many in my position who are totally excluded from any provision made by the government. The world has fallen out of my bottom as the leisure industry I supply has shut down.
If I don't go to work I don't eat and it's "short commons" at present and likely to remain so for the foreseeable future.
However, I suppose I should conform to the FBHVC recommendations but I'll miss my favourite local route to Masham.
I have just removed the differential.  This is part of my axle replacement project.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Parked at the end of my drive - I wouldnt want it to catch anything nasty.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alan Fairless
       Luckily the driver was thrown clear and survived with just cuts and bruises.
That's lucky Robert!

Could have been a lot worse if he had encountered Hedd's steamroller!
Do you mean paper cuts
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?
Had a bit of fun the last couple of days fitting new interior trim panels to my chummy
2.5mm ply, with Rexine substitute from Ratchford (which Ruaridh recommended and is very good).
I used PVA to fix it, which worked well. Then mounted with black japanned gym pins, which I got off Ebay.
Not bad, although I now think trimmers earn every penny they ask!
Anyway, a big improvement on the old warped hardboard and cups and screws.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_0540.JPG (Size: 87.8 KB / Downloads: 231)
.jpg   IMG_0557.JPG (Size: 114.19 KB / Downloads: 234)
.jpg   IMG_0558.JPG (Size: 150.77 KB / Downloads: 234)
.jpg   IMG_0560.JPG (Size: 97.19 KB / Downloads: 233)
.jpg   IMG_0564.JPG (Size: 73.13 KB / Downloads: 232)