The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Thanks Terry. I've found a few UNF now I've looked. Obviously, the thread's not important, it's the 3/4" diameter that matters. 3" seems to be the minimum as you say so that means I'll need a die as well. Never mind, nothing much else to spend my money on at the moment!!

Steve
Hi Steve

I’ve found two BSF suppliers on eBay.  However I ordered 2 bolts about 3 weeks ago and they haven’t arrived!  I’ve just put an order in to the second supplier and hope that they deliver.  As Terry says they are 3” and may need the thread extending.  Hard work trying to run a die down 3/4”. I think I will thread cut in the lathe.

Cheers

Howard
3/4" x 3" UNF Bolts, Nuts and Washers ordered from www.nuts-and-bolts.co.uk at lunchtime today.

Fedex say they're to be delivered on Monday.

Steve
In the style of Jesse from the Fast Show:

Today I have mostly been getting the Opal out of the garage and then putting it back in the garage...

This week I are been mainly having a car show in the front garden.....
'Well last night I cut the damaged top from a radiator neck, then I turned up a new top, today it was brazed onto the neck.
( The neck is a spare one which was taken off a scrap rad in the 1970's )
I need to make some more cross pins and drill the neck and fit them.
I will be rebuilding a decent cap out of two from the spares bin.

.jpeg   A228473C-8000-4E63-8D2D-C05C9B7C1E87.jpeg (Size: 25.7 KB / Downloads: 210) After deciding to do my own trimming and upholstery as part of my Rp restoration I’ve started on the inner ply panels.I’m using a wine coloured vinyl to cover panels and seating.I am realising that this is a massive job but I’ve started so I’ll plod on .
Sat outside looking at pictures of other Sevenists sat outside, I can report that a cuckoo has reached Wales this afternoon.
Is anyone doing anything for drive it day tomorrow?
I plan to go for a spin keeping at least 2 metres away from the car in front...
Drive it day was intended to show old vehicles being used in a good light. Right now, non essential use will do the opposite. It’s up to you of course, but my cars will all be started, they will run up and down my drive, but they won’t be seen on public roads.
Alan Fairless