The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I took the rad out of the Type 65 to assess its leaks, one split in the base of the header tank, A split in the core top right where the top of the rad has not had its corner braces fitted.
I went to my central stores depot and got out two box saloon rads, one has been recored and never used but the neck has lost the top part.
The other one still has an original core fitted but the neck has come unsoldered and it has a couple dents and it has been leaking from the bottom and has been bodged in the past.
I am hoping the genuine core can be shortened at the base to fit the rad shell and have the neck re soldered.

Next week I will be visiting the radiator repair man with three radiators to see which will be best to modify / repair to fit the Type 65 shell.
The radiator repair man is operating a locked door policy and will only open the door by appointment with correct distancing.
I am lucky that he is only 300 yards from my route home from work and as I finish work at 3 pm its no problem to visit his premises.
I am considered an essential employee in the private sector so I am working as normal.
I have a four blade fan to fit while the radiator is out as well.
I must go shopping for some 7up

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by dickie65 - 22-04-2020, 07:37 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM