The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
In the process of tidying up the RP I removed the rear seat cushion and back - only to find that the woodworm have been having an extended lunch...

So off I toddled to the local B&Q/Wickes/Screwfix, where I could only buy a far larger tin of woodworm treatment than I need. Ended up in The Range and searched in vain for some. Eventually I collared one of the children allegedly working in the place. 

'Please could you tell me where I can find woodworm treatment?' I asked. 

If I had asked him to describe the physics of nuclear fusion he could not have looked more vacant. Without a word he scuttled down the aisle to a co-worker. 

'Oi, John, 'ave we got any wood, er, woodwer, er, woody - er, what was it again mate?  

'Woodworm Treatment'.

The co-worker looked at me as if I had come from another planet. 'Woodworm? Wassat then? Some kind of animal? Have to you looked in the pet section?'

'No, it's a worm that eats wood - puts little holes in it.'

His eyes widened. 'Blimey, never 'eard of it. Nah, we ain't got nuffink like that'

I am left wondering what they teach children these days or if I am now officially Very Very Old. Hey ho.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Nick Salmon - 14-03-2020, 09:27 AM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM