The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(14-12-2019, 09:25 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi David

That’s dedication working in a dank garage on the run up to Christmas. I’m baulking at going out in my reasonably warm brick garage this time of year! Well done.

Cheers

Howard

There is a bank in front of the yard at the front of the house and, when the weather is really horrid, as it has been this last week, the drains can't cope and the garage floods to a depth of about half an inch at times. we had so much wet on Wednesday that the garage flooded! Fortunately, it drains out of the back door fairly promptly, but the floor is still damp in places. The problem is not as bad as it used to be, now that next door have moved the cattle grid that used to be at the top of the bank directly in line with my garage door, but it is still an occasional problem. I have thought about trying to rectify the issue, but that means rearranging the drains, which is going to be very expensive!

The garage itself is built of rendered breeze block with a tin roof and lit by four 100 watt bulbs, so, at this time of the year it has the feeling of an oubliette about it. At least it is somewhere to work.

And thank you Bruce and John for your comments.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 14-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM