The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
That pale grey 2-seater, 49094-H, is a pretty car; is that a standard Australian body?
(05-11-2019, 10:59 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: That pale grey 2-seater, 49094-H, is a pretty car; is that a standard Australian body?

Yes I believe so, it's on a LWB chassis so as a bonus, plenty of legroom.
Cheers

Mark
Simon, are the dizzy points set at 15 thou or so on both old and replacement items? Coincidence I know if they were both closed up but we sometimes forget the obvious. The result would be poor performance in my experience.
Cheers,
Dave.
15 sounds a tad high to me unless running a later type distributor cam - 12 to 14 for me. But I'd heartily agree points & tappets account for a large chunk of poor running issues.
This weekend, a group from the Bristol club and the Cornwall club took a short break in Lyme Regis, Dorset. Despite some adverse weather, we toured very wet lanes on Saturday and lunched at the Golf Club on Sunday.

The car parking was a tad tight….

Austin Seven owners must be a very well behaved and respectable bunch. Not a single picture of a Seven outside a pizza parlour in Weybridge, or Wick or Wexford and not even Wrexham last night. Our Italian supplies came from Domenico the Sicilian baker who comes to Abergavenny Market on Saturdays. Just thuoght I'd mention it.
I heard a minor Royal used his Seven for his trip to a pizza restaurant in Woking. Surely someone must have a photo?
Finally back on the road after an engine strip down, gearbox overhaul by Andy Bird, New clutch  Steering box overhaul and a multitude of 'little jobs' that appear on the way.
Even broke my own rules and took Alfie out in light rain after what seems an eternity off the road. what a difference, it steers where you want it to go now and I can hear myself think thanks to a quiet gearbox. A little charging problem is next on the list but I do have the luxury of a centrally heated garage thanks to a bit of foresight when I built the place long before I had this crazy idea of buying an Austin 7!!
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
????  must be  a local tradition,  Feb the 9th is national pizza day in the UK.
Thinking of pizza I've been chuckling over this all morning

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)