The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Now that’s what I call patina!

Great news that it runs and drives, the fact that it doesn’t stop is nothing to worry about, perfectly normal?
Yes I agree with Ivor. People ask me when I am out in my 7 if it is reliable. They have a pre conceived idea that because of its age it will always be breaking down. I reply by saying it will go at 45 mph all day. Stopping however is a bit of a challenge.

john Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
To be (slightly) more serious...might this be an ideal subject for a "Rat Look" car? The external appearance preserved but rebuilt beneath? Rather along the lines of these and their    various subgenres: http://rat-look.com/what-is-rat-look
Here's a modern take on the idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_mVGdrbSDU
And there's always the Oily Rag brigade at oily-rag.net, the Ruby looks perfect!
Trouble is the floor is 90% holes. The remaining 10% is fibreglass.

The back wings fell off on the way home on the trailer, and are currently held on with self tappers and wire.
Excuses, excuses. It’ll be fine.
Alan Fairless
Along with two other forum regulars and various other A7 and Riley owners we went to the pub.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alan Fairless
So we did

[Image: 008_1807.jpg]
Hi All

A trip to Kington show today. The show is a general agricultural show, hence all the tractors.

We had some fuel problems on the way over.  I filled the tank to the brim last night and I think it disturbed some sediment.  Strangely enough it seemed that a big bump in the road taken at speed seemed to cure things!

Lots of interest in the car. But heard from three different onlookers....

I had one of these.....

My dad had one of these.....

My Grandad had one of these.....

Wink

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Today, in the last couple of hours, put wheels on the old girl. Not had wheels on it for the last 30 years. Not had wheels with air in them for 50 years. And also fitted exhaust tailpipe. It's coming together.