The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
My RK runs at approximately one tenth of the speed in top. ie 3 at 30mph, 5 at 50mph.
Jim
Simon,

just re-reading your post, the oil pressure should go off the scale when cold. If it does not do this, your friend should consider investigating. Numerous potential causes - oil vane/s incorrectly orientated, vane springs broken/damaged, oil pump cover and or body very badly scored, pressure relief valve not fully seated, incorrect rear cam bearing fitted etc.
Thanks for the replies.   I need to look again at what happens on start up.

It is good to know that, on some cars at least, zero is normal.
A good test if the gauge reads zero is to take one of the oil jet plugs out whilst the engine is running. If oil comes out, even at an ooze, then oil is being pumped up to the gallery and everything is getting its share. My handbook reassuringly states (at P32):- "The dial will probably record maximum pressure when the engine is started from "cold" but as the engine warms up in running, so the oil will become more fluid and the pressure will fall quite low - it may even record only one pound. This, however, is sufficient because if the oil is circulating that is all that is necessary."

Incidentally, and to return to the question posed by this thread, the answer is:-

Given that i have a Meirionydd Classic Car Club run next Thursday, and I refuse to have the car looking anything other than its best for such occasions, I washed, dried and wax polished the RP, checked all the levels and adjusted the brakes. Having also vacuumed the inside ,the dog blanket that usually covers the rear seat is now in the wash.
Drove around Donington Park Circuit in company with a few others:

There are photos of this on FB tonight - 80 cars for 80 years, is that correct?
A Grand Day out at Donnington. Not quite eighty Austin 7s at the 750 motor Club's 80/80 celebration meeting, but not far off. The red racer is, of course, John Barlow's with John standing by the car. Many thanks to the ladies who put on a wonderful complimentary lunch and drinks throughout the day. Link to video: https://www.facebook.com/anne.griffiths....949835367/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And Lord Snooty in the Swallow special!!
[attachment=7716

Sevens all over the place today it seems, here are a couple of views of Loton Park. To show that Seven competitors don't just come from Scotland, Wales and Yorkshire, Tiziana Murschler is just leaving the start line.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Even after spending 1 1/2 hours in a que of traffic with the steamer this morning I found time to fetch my new Ruby.

[Image: 008_1805.jpg]

If anyone had a tidy Mk2 ruby body availible please let me know. Mine is decidedly second hand!

[Image: 008_1801.jpg]

[Image: 008_1802.jpg]

[Image: 008_1803.jpg]

[Image: 008_1804.jpg]