The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
A good test if the gauge reads zero is to take one of the oil jet plugs out whilst the engine is running. If oil comes out, even at an ooze, then oil is being pumped up to the gallery and everything is getting its share. My handbook reassuringly states (at P32):- "The dial will probably record maximum pressure when the engine is started from "cold" but as the engine warms up in running, so the oil will become more fluid and the pressure will fall quite low - it may even record only one pound. This, however, is sufficient because if the oil is circulating that is all that is necessary."

Incidentally, and to return to the question posed by this thread, the answer is:-

Given that i have a Meirionydd Classic Car Club run next Thursday, and I refuse to have the car looking anything other than its best for such occasions, I washed, dried and wax polished the RP, checked all the levels and adjusted the brakes. Having also vacuumed the inside ,the dog blanket that usually covers the rear seat is now in the wash.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 08-09-2019, 05:32 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM