The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I took the Seven over to Barmouth today for the AGM of the Meirion Classic Car Club of which I am a member. The weather was (and, as I write this, still is) horrible. It rained throughout the whole journey off and on, (mostly on) and it was very windy indeed. The little car battled through well, but the wind, combined no doubt with the perpendicular architecture of a box saloon,  made it quite an exciting drive! I recall that, when I was at college, one of my fellow students, who had a tatty MG YA saloon, described riding in an Austin Seven as an example of how to live dangerously at 30 mph and I am afraid that today rather proved the point!

Arriving at the meeting, I found that I was the only prewar car there and the only other classics that had come out to play were a '70's MGB  and a couple of early eighties VW Golf GTIs.

The meeting itself went well. We were all treated to an excellent buffet lunch and it gave me the opportunity to catch up with members that I knew and to meet others that I didn't. Several members admired both the car and my intrepidity in bring it out on such a day! And there was me thinking that, if one is going to a classic car club meeting, it was de riguer to come in a classic car.

At least I won a bottle of wine in the raffle.

Attached Files
.jpg   S01EI001.JPG (Size: 159.51 KB / Downloads: 213)
.jpg   S01EI002.JPG (Size: 154.17 KB / Downloads: 213)

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 10-08-2019, 08:47 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM