The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(23-05-2019, 06:01 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Tanya finds it uncomfortable to sit in.

Good one Wink
Cheers

Mark
the results of the drain cleaner/water corrosion bath - a nice newish casting     
Well not today but Tuesday to Friday last week. Together with twenty odd other Sevens and a few others, Malcolm's 2019 'Cumbria Run'. To Malcolm's Tuesday, Masham to Grange over Sands on Wednesday, a day doing whatever Thursday and home Friday. Excellent company, excellent weather, excellent hotel, what more could we ask for.

.jpg   20190522_081002A.jpg (Size: 21.94 KB / Downloads: 737)

Wednesday morning at Chez Parker

.jpg   20190522_124912A.jpg (Size: 27.14 KB / Downloads: 732)

Wednesday Lunchtime. Now a trio of SWB Steel Saloons

.jpg   20190522_185349A.jpg (Size: 19 KB / Downloads: 731)

Wednesday evening, view from Hotel room over Morecambe Bay. 

Steve
Finally a new silencer and tailpipe for the 'Ulster'. Both inexpensive and home-made. I didn't get the curve of the tailpipe over the rear wing quite as I wanted, mainly due to pressing on when I should have stopped to slurp tea! That was the tricky part, as it sweeps in to hug the line of the tail. But it's serviceable and not bad for a first attempt I reckon - will do for now. Oh yes, and she's wearing her new tonneau cover, also home-made.

Going to add another photo as it took me a while to figure this out:

(26-05-2019, 07:34 AM)JonE Wrote: the results of the drain cleaner/water corrosion bath - a nice newish casting 

Nice work Jon! Just a thought, but if you buy commercial kits to do this they contain a 'part 2' which neutralises the acid (or alkali) and stops further unintended head-munching. At least give it a jolly good flush with water.

The Bradshaw's Chummy and a certain Ruby, outside Brook House, Himbleton, before the Inter-Register Batho Trophy Scatter Rally. Sevens did not scoop up prizes, but finished faultlessly and having suffered no sort of mechanical derangement.  A  particularly pleasant event, no crews came to blows, no formal protests lodged about results, and afterwards everyone stayed chatting outside the pub on a summer's afternoon.
Many decades ago, travelling to London from Sheffield with fellow students in a well-worn, bald-tyred Austin A40 bought for £5, we had gone as far as Workshop and were following an ancient articulated lorry along a straight, wide road. To our surprise, a load crack heralded the departure of the trailer’s pair of nearside wheels, which then proceeded to roll randomly across the road from side to side - quite a mesmerising sight. However, after a few seconds the wheels took it upon themselves to stabilise and take permanently to the right-hand lane, this also being occupied by a Mini - but coming in the opposite direction at speed. ‘Ah, ah', we all though, 'This is it. One big accident coming up’.  However, at the very last moment - and just before striking the Mini - the wheels veered sharp right and crashed through a substantial hedge into a field. The problem now was to overtake the lorry and inform the (quite oblivious) driver as to what had happened. Eventually, on a long downhill stretch the asthmatic Austin managed to get by and we flagged him down.

Very well done. One more saved and back on the road.

Very well done. One more saved and back on the road.
Reassembling the diff and rear axle today after a strip down and clean.

Had to concentrate to get everything together.
Suddenly had a feeling I was being watched!

He’s just a wild local that knows I might have a spare apple.
Just to point out that is not inner Melbourne.
He probably feels an affinity for a car which can hop like him.
(08-06-2019, 12:26 AM)Tony Press Wrote: Just to point out that is not inner Melbourne.

True, the shed is about 45 mins west of Melbourne, 10 km north of Bacchus Marsh. 

Andrew