The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Whilst I only have the one Austin, I do have several other vehicles and I have been informed I do not need, want or can have any more cars... Notwithstanding the current difficulty my daily driver gives sterling service:

[Image: IMG-20180510-WA0007-1.jpg]

It'll be a classic one day.
A Visa C15 van! Excellent little vehicles! I have had two Visa's, Both were 4 cylinder petrol cars. The first one had the strange 'Starship' dash and the second the more normal type. The first one was a demonstrator from the agents in Telford and did 150K miles before I sold it and bought an FSO 1300. Silly move.

The second was bought secondhand with about 70k on the clock and I ran it for about five years until I bought a Rover 2600 and sold it to a friend who wrote it off.

Aren't they classic now? They should be.
An early one probably is. In France a vehicle has to be 30yrs old before it can have classic status. My C15 is Dec 95 so a few years to go yet. It's a 1.7 diesel with only 280,000km on the clock so just nicely run in. The uk spec ones which were sold in red or white as "van rouge" or "van blanc" and didn't have the additional side windows which do make vision a lot better. I bought it several years ago from the grandfather of the patron at our local cafe. He was a "chasseur" and it had more dings than St Pauls. It replaced my 2 x 2CV Acadianes which were ok but I needed something sturdier for diy stuff and the advantage of the c15 is that you can get a laden palette in it. Compared to a modern van its a bit basic but its light years ahead of a 2cv. Its a keeper.
Well unless you sit with the lights on and the engine off a lot that sounds reasonable as the starting load would be put back in minutes. My modern (Merc A class) is on its 8th year with the original battery so I would expect a long life with a regularly used 7 with dynamator.
The battery was at 6.4v this morning. I've had the sidelights on since about 11. Just back from a run into town. Still hasnt kicked in with any charge. Though the starter still has loads of go. Ill check the voltage later and try again.
Looks like you are on the way to discover perpetual motion. Its like my RN, hardly uses any oil and then after 6 or more thousand miles, the oil smells a bit "petrolly" - Ah! time for an oil change !
Took the engine and gearbox out of the RP to make a start on the broken block stud repair. It took me an hour and 40 minutes. I would have been quicker but both rear engine mount bolts were a bit awkward and I forgot to take off the flywheel cover plate. Will make a start on the strip down tomorrow.
Being a keen advocate of planned maintenance, and, beaing in mind the haphazard maintenance instructions in the Austin Seven handbook, which usually results in oil and grease where oil and grease should not be, I have decided to adopt a regime of servicing my RP at 2500 mile intervals. This involves:- (a) Full grease and oil as per the handbook plus paint springs with oil (I am aware of what Arthur W. Judge says but don't agree as the handbook recommends oiling the springs) and including door locks and hinges. (b) Check all levels. © Change engine oil (d) Check points and plugs and tune engine. (d) Remove all brake drums, check linings and make sure the system is working properly and adjust as appropriate. (e) Check all the lights and electrics.

I have now done 2500 miles since I first acquired the car, when I gave it this type of service as soon as it got home, which also allowed me to assess the car and see what was required immediately. I changed the oil when I replaced the rear main bearing now over 1000 miles ago, and it has had a 'grease gun' service in between times (because I was bored!).

So, given that the car has now done 2500 in my hands, The current mileage being 97580 which, given what I know about the car could very well be genuine, I gave it such a full service this morning.

Then the dog and I took it on road test to the pub.
ive come to the conclusion its farm trucked
"ive come to the conclusion its farm trucked"

Hedd, Is that a euphemism?