The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Brilliant to see plenty of Austin Sevens braving the snow today in Hereford.
Some pictures and a bit of video here https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/17551...t-history/
I would recommend replacing asbestos with glass fibre rope or bandage. It only takes one particle or one fibre....but as I was using an airline to blow out lining dust from brake drums in the early sixties I'm probably past help (or hope).
I am pretty sure I couldn't get real asbestos wrap here if I wanted to. I think NZ is one of the countries it is banned in now. I'll need to figure out what stuff is good to use, there seem to be a lot of alternative products about.
I used this stuff on the Cabriolet - came from China, quite like the colour...

I was thinking of using glass stove rope and sealing it with white radiator paint.
The Chinese stuff is a lot, lot cheaper...
Ruairidh, is that a cunning second inline engine through the viewing window, or is that a magnetic neatness tray?
You decide! Big Grin
Has to be a straight 8 - he was sizing up against a Merlin only yesterday!
It’s a vanity mirror!

Link to tape: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Titanium-Heat...Sw4CFY3LjG
Hi Ruairidh

If you have a Merlin I guess you would have read most of the much on the Net. Haynes also do a so called workshop manual which is really more of a history and which may be of interest, and commonly available in libraries. 
Our local Museum of Transport has one. For a model of machine which possibly influenced world history more than any other I was disgusted at the dismal low key presentation. Whoever writes their signs is very lacking in history and imagination.
It seems the higher rated fuel available to the Allies enabled the engine to rival or exceed the larger capacity opposition.
I often wonder what the life of a crank was reckoned to be?