The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Yesterday I stripped the engine of my second Nippy, the car I bought in Scotland. It started making an awful grumbling noise about three years ago or so and I just stuffed it in the barn, as it had been nothing but trouble. It's about time I sorted it.
Took the words out of my mouth Mike...

Sorry, being a bit slow, catching up after 2 weeks away!
I woke the RK from it’s slumber and enjoyed an early morning run to collect my paper and enjoy the view!

Happy start of summer everyone!
Not quite "everyone" Ruairidh!
Some of us are just finishing a long hot dry summer downunder
Summer reminded us that it was not quiet done yet here on Friday with a couple of nearby bushfires  Sad

Happy equinox!   Big Grin
Quite correct!

Hopefully this helps to redress the balance...

Popped out for a little tootle in the RP. Stopped off for a photo op. An old fossil in a fossil car parked outside a fossil forest...

[Image: 20190331-132615.jpg]

Please don't tell anyone but I was a bit naughty on the way back and took a quick one handed video whilst climbing out of La Grand' Combe... I could get "Right done" but I'll claim insanity.

https://youtu.be/rqiIZVdxqFk
I had to turn the volume down, I was desperately waiting for you to change up!
Nice steady climb Reckless... seems to take the gradient in her stride.
I can confirm that Reckless’ box is lovely to drive, well run in.
On the departmental network most hills in the Cévennes have a gradient of about 5%, as that is about the steepest hill that a horse can pull a laden cart up. It means that on some the RP can't quite hold 4th, so you have to settle for 3rd. I'm happier buzzing along at 25-30mph in 3rd with a little in reserve rather than listening to the engine bog down. Since fitting the 4 blade export fan the car never overheats so there are no worries about vapour lock etc., so I just give it some welly if it's happy.

The other factor is the 4 speed crash box. If you try and go for top you either end up mashing the gears to get it in quick (which I don't like to do) or by the time you've got the gear in smoothly, you're back down to 25mph. It's just easier gritting your teeth and hanging on to 3rd until over the crest. I'm used to the noise, it is what it is but it is nice to get over the top and change up!