The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
My garage has underfloor heating. Never used it. The only reason I knew I had it was during the final house inspection before buying the estate agent was confused by a thermostat on the garage wall next to a large switch. He turned it on and nothing happened. So we thought nothing of it. When I moved in the previous owner (who lives in the house in front of mine) came over to say hello and said I need to explain to you about the underfloor garage heating, it had been left on! Turns out he used to do something with speed boats and so had it installed to help dry them out. It wasn't mentioned on the chattels list since he wasn't sure it even worked and in NZ anything you list has to be in working order when you sell the house.

But I have never used it. It would take a few days to get the slab up to temp I imagine and it doesn't get cold enough here in winter to need it. The other day we hit 30C and the locals seemed to think the apocalypse had arrived. I was still a wearing wool vest to work! In the 3 years I have been here I don't think it's ever gone sub 0.

I should work out how much it would cost to run (I think it's a 2 or 2.5kW heater) and see how effective it is in winter.

Simon

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by jansens - 01-02-2019, 06:19 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM