The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
The Sevens had a rest yesterday whilst Gumdrop took it’s turn to do visiting duties...

(25-12-2018, 10:39 PM)JonE Wrote: dog still in church?

Would have boosted congregation by 25% if he had attended!
1931 RN, 1933 APD
Nice day down here, but a little cooler than yesterday. Took the RP out for a tootle round the general area and thought I'd stop off for a photo opportunity and say hello again to Casimiro and Gregorio, two French resistance fighters shot by the Germans in 1944. Although having Spanish ancestry both were locals  born in France, who formed part of a group of Spanish guerillas targetting the Germans prior to the allied invasions. Casimiro was captured and shot on the spot on 30th May 1944. Another, Manuel Zurita escaped but was later captured, tortured and his mutilated body thrown down a nearby pit shaft. Gregorio was caught & killed on 4th June, just a few hundred yards from this spot. His body was found in the river nearby.

Lest we forget.

[Image: 20181226-133120.jpg]
(26-12-2018, 02:49 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Nice day down here, but a little cooler than yesterday. Took the RP out for a tootle round the general area and thought I'd stop off for a photo opportunity and say hello again to Casimiro and Gregorio, two French resistance fighters shot by the Germans in 1944. Although having Spanish ancestry both were locals  born in France, who formed part of a group of Spanish guerillas targetting the Germans prior to the allied invasions. Casimiro was captured and shot on the spot on 30th May 1944. Another, Manuel Zurita escaped but was later captured, tortured and his mutilated body thrown down a nearby pit shaft. Gregorio was caught & killed on 4th June, just a few hundred yards from this spot. His body was found in the river nearby.

Lest we forget.

[Image: 20181226-133120.jpg]

Where's that Reckless? Puts me in mind of a chilling visit I made to Vassieux-en-Vercors some years ago.
The location is on the D59 between Le Martinet and l'Affenadou in the valley of the Auzonnet, Gard. It's about 6km from Rekkers Towers.

Link to google maps HERE
(26-12-2018, 03:05 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: The location is on the D59 between Le Martinet and l'Affenadou in the valley of the Auzonnet, Gard. It's about 6km from Rekkers Towers.

Link to google maps HERE

Thanks Recks, not so far from there in fact.

Sad stories. The thing I recall about Vercors was the Allies were supposed to send reinforcements to back them up; on our say-so they started a 'second front' to draw German troops away from the Normandy landings. But in the event all the troops we had were needed for Overlord and the maquisards in the south were cut to bits (in some cases quite literally). And then followed the reprisals.

I occasionally stop off at St. Swithin's at Old Weston to pay my respects to a Canadian Hampden bomber crew who crashed there on a night training exercise in 1942, it just happens to be on my local country lane route and it doesn't hurt to spare the poor lads a thought.
Day 2, car 2
pub the same.
Harry dog also the same

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1931 RN, 1933 APD
A lunchtime gathering today in Benington, North Herts. We took the RP - to get a breath of fresh air before an afternoon of cold turkey, tv, and snoozing... zzzzzzzzzz.....

.jpg   IMG_20181226_123353-01~01.jpg (Size: 113.07 KB / Downloads: 399)
Smile

I got BeeBee the Tourer up to 50 down Caen Hill.

Which it should, but I held it for about a mille afterwards on a gentle downhill.

Maybe those dratted oil rings are letting go a little ...

or maybe the car is feeling the distant pull of Vladivostock.

Simon
Well it's going back to pre-Xmas but wee Myrtle did the annual 6 day back country run with primarily big American hunks of vintage steel. Part of it including the Nevis which is a primarily 4wd road only open for part of the year (& has something like 23 fords with water in them). As per usual the 7 never ceases to amaze with her nimbleness - one particular ford everything bar Myrtle was towed through!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Paul
On the first day God created the Austin 7, then he rested