The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I took the new toy to our local Cars n Coffee yesterday morning, it was a Public Holiday, folks were a mite sleepy and the blower certainly woke them up when I arrived (trailer around the corner) and this morning a dozen folks have contacted me as we made the tabloids.... and for the right reasons  Angel

Car was very well received, folks took lots of pictures, had to keep answering questions of why the engine is skew in the chassis... well it's offset and where is the carburetor ?   Umm, at your feet, you are almost standing on it, is this the generator ? Erm, no that's actually the supercharger

I don't think anyone had ever seen a blown pre-war car before, also folks kept referring to the SU as a 'bottle carb', first time I have ever heard that description

Ciao
Greig

Note to self, I need to make a board that shows pictures of the build together with the blurb on the car that I can bring along to show what is what & why it is so.... one chap simply couldn't grasp the idea of the offset build to lower the frontal area - the picture sort of gives it away  Tongue

Attached Files
.jpg   At Cars n Coffee Dec 2018.JPG (Size: 305.3 KB / Downloads: 301)

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Greig Smith - 18-12-2018, 04:13 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM