The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Moving chicane - I like that!

The RP and I have done this winter outing every year for the past 12 years. We have never failed to finish ( unlike some moderns) and despite the car's age and lack of relative performance we have often got to the end before some of the others.

At the end of the day it's just a bit of fun with some snow and ice and a generous helping of pork products thrown in...
Drove a 130 mile round trip just to partake of coffee and mince pies with fellow members (as you do!):

Minus 3°C when I left at 8.30am (the drive gates were frozen shut!), and used less than 2½ gallons for the trip  Smile
Wink 
Less than 2 1/2 gallons of oil is good going, in such weather.
Ruiairidh, as you can see I have the bottom of the radiator blanked off, resulting in the running temperature perhaps a little higher than in high summer, and the car ran like a bird. Familiar gradients that I usually manage at 35mph were dispatched at an easy 40mph, and I was cruising at 45mph on a virtually closed throttle. And I should add a big thank you to Dave Mann for a successful resurrection of a pile of FZB bits which has also improved the performance.

Edit: I've just spotted your cheeky reference to oil ... no comment  Tongue
Your journey sounds wonderful.

I once used an entire gallon of Oil in the RN between Gloucester and Bristol - the engine was very loose, it was totally rebuilt shorty after...
In the winter months I just remove the fan belt.
Finished installing the rebuilt engine into the Rosengart, next is the finishing of the NOT Opal engine, installation along with the rebuilt gearbox with Nippy gearing. All good fun
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Went to the Cheshire Sevens meeting last night, in a Seven, for an entertaining talk by Ruth and David Noah on their Seven experiences.
Seeing as its a nice sunny day and the roads are dry, I got the RP out this afternoon and gave it a run round. I had to bump it as the battery was down but it started ok. Did about 25 miles before putting it away again leaving it connected to the accumate. The "Gilets Jaunes" who have been blocking traffic at the end of the valley were well chuffed to hear a couple of blasts on the klaxon as I pottered past them. After a pretty miserable November it was nice to see some sun again and get the chance to run the car. 18°C today. Cushty.
I spent the evening pressure washing the RP here. I went to work in it on monday as the wifes Beetle had busted a front spring.

Pressure washing the salt off the underside, and washing it off the top, before letting it drip dry then back into the garage with a dehumidifier.

[Image: 008_1709.jpg]

Not fun in the dark!