The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I received a message written on a beer mat telling me that Polar Express was an American kid's book made into a film in 2004. With the Belgian tram engine currently without a boiler ticket, the hired S160 is Telford's answer to Santa. That explains the adopted loco number and the spoof fittings on the front of the engine. Good lord, the things we find out from the forum!

Nowhere in Woodrow does it tell you how to mount a cowcatcher on the front bumper, nor indeed shackling reindeer harness, so Xmas duties looking the same lovely Sevens as usual.
Not a Seven, but my daughter's VW Beetle, whilst waiting to enter a roundabout the impatient driver behind her bulldozed past her clipping her ROS and bending the bumper onto the wing and the wing onto the tyre and departed the scene of his crime. So I received a phone call for help Saturday evening and went armed with a piece of 3" x 2" to bend the bumper out of the way. Two minutes and she was ready to go only the battery was flat from the hazard warning lights being on for an hour and her jump leads were no use. But with her tow bar I recovered her home where I've completed repairs. Good job it wasn't a Seven which is more fragile than a Beetle.
Days like that it makes you regret the ban on handguns... ( I'm joking honest)
Pottering in the garage getting the RP ready for the next "Rallye Hivernale des Cévennes" which will be in about a months time.
Just spotted this pic on the organiser's website from last year:

[Image: 88d291_f245e7d6940c4ed2a09d3eb354173334~mv2.jpg]
Great pic...made me curious but having googled on 'rally hivernale des cevennes' I only got links to FIA style rallies...
http://www.newsclassicracing.com/L-Hiver...le-2018-30
may help. Ian

And https://m.facebook.com/322982587712437/p...&source=54
The organisers website is www.ceze-auto-retro.fr
Then click on hivernale. Its not a competition just a run round with a road book.
The postman delivered a 22FZ carburettor on Wednesday which required attention, the attached note said it leaks fuel out of the air inlet. So Thursday it was on test in the outside workshop, I won't have petrol in the cellar workshop. After adjusting the float level and reseating the needle valve I put it on one of our cars this morning for test. So far we have no leaks and it goes well.
Bruce the Reckless Rat.....having read. the list of entries. in the Hivernale....starting with a Citroen AX Sport (I've had one myself.... great little homologation special engine-wise that went all the way to 7200 rpm but had lousy brakes) and other entries suspecting you and your 1933 A7 will make up for a nice moving chicane on those many mountain sections..... Truly reckless....
(01-12-2018, 10:58 AM)Michael D Wrote: Bruce the Reckless Rat.....having read. the list of entries. in the Hivernale....starting with a Citroen AX Sport (I've had one myself.... great little homologation special engine-wise that went all the way to 7200 rpm but had lousy brakes) and other entries suspecting you and your 1933 A7 will make up for a nice moving chicane on those many mountain sections.....  Truly reckless....

The elderly not only represent the past, but also the future for the young.... rather than 'a moving chicane' they are part of the traffic of life. I trust you mean 'truly reckless' as a tribute.  cheers  Russell