The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Steve. Given that Bwlch-y-Groes is literally round the corner from me , I have been up and down it both ways in mySeven on several occasions.
(09-04-2024, 01:45 PM)Robin Boyce Wrote: Re the Light Car Welsh, we managed the Bwlch y Groes climb in the '23 Chummy although having to stop halfway to top up the rad., with a split header tank that saw us give up later.  The insurance included RAC recovery; after 3 hours with regular texts from them such as "we are very busy in your area" (what?!, in very rural Wales) we opted for an expensive taxi to Llandrindod to to fetch our trailer.  A previous recovery by RH (not a regular occurrence) had been trouble free.  
We also climbed Bwlch y Groes during the 2004 tour but should have remembered to fit a fan this time!

Hi Robin

Sorry to hear about your troubles on the Welsh.  I was looking out for your Chummy to say hello but the Metropole car park was a bit chaotic on Saturday so I missed you.

Cheers

Howard
Steve. Given that Bwlch-y-Groes is literally round the corner from me , I have been up and down it both ways in mySeven on several occasions.

David

I do not seem to have you on the list of the fearless adventurers who will be attempting the full and correct Small Car Trials centenary. If both days were a bit much, you would still be most welcome on the Friday for the Northern Loop including Bwlch y Groes. I will pm you.

Stephen
I have spent the day fitting a new exhaust system to the Seven. As the cherished supplier who provides such things did not have a LWB silencer in stock, I have had to modify a SWB silencer, which required a coupler to marry the outlet of the silencer to the tailpipe, as they were both the same diameter. I had to use a coupler to marry the silencer to the downpipe as the inlet pipe was the same diameter as the downpipe. Fortunately the supplier alerted me to this and supplied a coupler for the job.

A bit of a faff getting the disparate bits together, but the car is now back on the road. Just as well as I have it in mind to do the northern circuit of the forthcoming Light Car Trials on 17th May.
Had a lovely day out at a local car meet. We were the only 7 and the oldest car there. We nearly didn't make it beyond the track to our house. Having serviced, washed and polished the car ready for the first car show we set off and 400yds later we were firing on 3, then 2 then none. A few checks later and I discovered that I hadn't pushed the rotor arm fully on. As a result it was about 3mm higher than it should have been and was pressing on the central HT carbon contact in the cap. This jammed the contact beyond its spring and left me with a poor contact. I couldn't prise the contact out of the cap but luckily had a spare so a few minutes later we were off for a lovely relaxed day.

.jpg   IMG_20240414_114145_143 lr.jpg (Size: 417.98 KB / Downloads: 331)
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I've just returned from a super 'Drive It Day' run organised by the York Branch of NECPWA.   The run of 50 miles around the Howardian hills took in most of the best known beauty spots including Kilburn, Coxwold, Byland Abbey, Nunnington and Castle Howard.  It was like a mini-Measham Rally but in nice sunny weather and you could actually see the scenery!
I took the Pytchley as I wanted to give it a good run after the winter lay-up.   It went very well and dealt with the narrow lanes in fine style.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi All

We too have been out with the South Wales Club.  For us driving from Llandrindod, it was 50 miles to Dryslwyn Castle for a photo or two. Then a short drive on to Wright’s Food Emporium (no relations) where we met up with Seven other Sevens.  After a great early lunch we drove on to Gwilli Station just outside Carmarthen.  We all piled on to the 1.30 train for a seven mile trip up and down the line. Many thanks to David Laviers and Stuart Phillips for the organisation.

Liz and I then had an event free drive back to Llandod.  And the forecasters got it wrong, nice sunny weather nearly all day.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_4127.jpeg (Size: 116.71 KB / Downloads: 172)
.jpeg   IMG_4129.jpeg (Size: 145.81 KB / Downloads: 172)
.jpeg   IMG_4135.jpeg (Size: 148.36 KB / Downloads: 173)
.jpeg   IMG_3822.jpeg (Size: 93.22 KB / Downloads: 172)
As Ian and Jen are travelling back to Bristol today - we drove out yesterday. Ian has never been in the Coupe before and his mobility is such that I was not sure he ever would.

However, after a bit of "out of box" thinking, my trusty hydraulic trolly was able to lower him up and down to the perfect height for sliding in and out after which we did not spare the horses - hot car for a sunny day, but still great fun.

Hi

No Drive-it day motoring for me, but with the aid of a friend and his crane (see pic) we dropped in my fully overhauled engine.  This job has taken much longer than planned, due to all sorts of non-Austin interruptions ! Note the custom made wooden trolley which was invaluable for transporting it from building to building.    
Took the Biggs special to the Bodle Street Green DiD gathering in East Sussex. Good selection of cars, bikes, steam engines, tractors, stationary engines and a Stanley steam car. Nice Austin 12 van prepared for D Day celebrations and also a nice Austin 10 saloon.
 too. Alan

Attached Files
.jpg   Biggs BSG24.jpg (Size: 135.03 KB / Downloads: 148)
.jpg   12 van BSG24.jpg (Size: 131.87 KB / Downloads: 148)
.jpg   10 BSG24.jpg (Size: 151.74 KB / Downloads: 148)