The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Hi Peter

I have both but am currently using the hood.  On this trip there was a chance of good weather (which we had today) and it is so much nicer driving with the hood down.  With the hardtop on….its on.

Both hood and hardtop are noisy, claustrophobic and cramped!

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_3176.jpeg (Size: 106.42 KB / Downloads: 669)
Fitted a miniature glass-bowl fuel filter to PL3002 - the first filter it's ever needed. The fittings needed (it comes without any) proved difficult to get petrol tight and the arrangement of the inlet and outlet makes mounting it awkward. It feeds a 24T2 carb so I'll have to put up with the thing for the moment - the last thing you want is to have to dismantle one of those carbs at the roadside. Some hopefuls are advertising battered used ones on eBay for £35. New, they are just under £10 https://www.gardenhirespares.co.uk/1527-...w5vj6YfATU
Howard, if the hail in North Wales is as heavy as it is in South Wales this morning, the hard top would be deafening.
Very interesting Howard, thank you for posting the pic.
Hi All

All you doubters…we had the hood down from Tuesday onwards and only got wet now and again  Big Grin.

Lord Mostyn wasn’t in so we parked up in front of his house anyway!

Back to Llandrindod tomorrow in time to prepare for the VSCC Light car bash on the 5th,6th and 7th.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_4053.jpeg (Size: 103.41 KB / Downloads: 477)
Yesterday stripped down a old 2 bearing engine... the cam was totally blocked as was the oil pump. I'd seen on youtube a chap heating the block with a hot air gun rather than a touch ... have to say, it did the trick, hot, but not too hot, the cam bearing came out very easily ... so for newbies like me, try a hot air gun on your engines
Today I finally got the RL fired up and running as it should.  After 25 years of trouble free running it got in a sulk when I  moved house last August and has refused all efforts to start.   I put the problem down to stale petrol, the distributor, tired battery, and anything else I could think of!  The main problem was the distributor, a Lucas DK4. Having messed about with two other similar units I achieved a healthy spark about a centimetre long, even with the tired battery.  The engine fired up immediately and sounded good.  A short trip to Thirsk and back has restored my faith in the little car.  Next job is to check for a noisy tappet.        
Lovely. Just perfect and in a wonderful setting.
Hi Howard, yes we all had a great time 'up North'. But unfortunately, just 30 miles short of home, back in Swansea, our Ruby gave up the ghost, sounds like the Ruby has run a big end shell. Engine out on Monday for a full investigation. The only fly in the ointment was it took RH over 3 hours to send out a recovery lorry. They kept on saying the recovery lorry was 20 minutes away. Not very impressed. S&P
(31-03-2024, 03:54 PM)phillips Wrote: Hi Howard, yes we all had a great time 'up North'. But unfortunately, just 30 miles short of home, back in Swansea, our Ruby gave up the ghost, sounds like the Ruby has run a big end shell. Engine out on Monday for a full investigation. The only fly in the ointment was it took RH over 3 hours to send out a recovery lorry. They kept on saying the recovery lorry was 20 minutes away. Not very impressed. S&P

What rotten luck.  I’ve sent you an email.

I think RH service is dependent on the company they use for the rescue.

Cheers

Howard