The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Apologies, I had not read the entire text accompanying the ad. Whether the completed special will be eligible under the threatened new VSCC rules is another question. It will not be a TR2 or a Swallow Doretti. But then again, as the new rules seem intended to swell the ranks of the PWA7C and hugely increase Inter-Register event entries, that doesn’t matter, certainly not here.
yup. Never heard of an April fool a day early.

On another note, anyone got the arse end of any pre jewell chassis for sale?. I've a 29 chassis missing the rear crossmember and extensions. And yes, I know Roach makes them (or did).
Hi Hedd. Can you email me on stuart.joseph@btinternet.com as I have a new pair of extensions available.

Regards

Stuart
Finally got around to connecting the speedo cable. What do you know!
I have a speedo that works....well it says a speed! and a steady needle too. RESULT!
I'll have to get someone to follow me in a modern to see how accurate it is. I don't have an app on my phone!
30 mph signs that flash if you go too fast and those signs that give you your speed as you pass are both useful for checking the accuracy of a speedometer.
Hi All

Happy Easter.

Photo shoot in the back garden to show off the daffodils (and the cars). Not easy as I have to get the cars through a 1.3m wide gate.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   296BF237-F1AC-40F8-9E50-B6F4B471C6F8.jpeg (Size: 195.71 KB / Downloads: 260)
I didn't think that an Austin could get past a 'metric' gate !
Lovely photo Howard. I must say that the Special is looking very dark and moody - in a good way!
Hi Bob

The wood was metric when I bought it  Big Grin Big Grin.

Thanks Nick for the kind comments.

Cheers

Howard
30 mph signs that flash if you go too fast and those signs that give you your speed as you pass are both useful for checking the accuracy of a speedometer.
Some years ago the Sheffield council put a "know your speed" camera just above the Dore Moor Inn on the apex of a right-hand bend. Sadly, the fools failed to put a limit on the speed it would show and, as a consequence, the local farmer had stretches of his field wall beautifully rebuilt by the insurance companies of those who tried for FTD - but failed to realise that 90 m.p.h in a worn-out Peugeot 306/Golf/Astra etc, was just not on.