The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Yes, appears to be Caprotti fitted Black Five 44745 - withdrawn from Southport shed in 1964 for scrapping.
Saturday morning coffee run to Loch village, Gippsland Victoria Australia.

Lovely !  Big Grin

Not a mask to be seen  Big Grin Big Grin
I love that acid green!

(At least someone got their quarantine right straight away! We are still in the thrall of a walking joke...)
This afternoon I fitted a new master cylinder and remade the link from the brake pedal which caused the old cylinder to fail. I just need a foot to come along and pump it while I bleed the system. There are definite advantages to sticking with cable brakes but that's how it was when I got it.
I do have a Gunson Eezibleed but it's dedicated to LHM brake fluid for the Pembleton (2CV brakes) so I'll either have to book a pal or wait for a visitor to turn up...
First proper run out in my little tourer which has been off the road for 20 years.  A lovely spring evening run in the sunshine up to Buxton - less than 20 miles in total but the car performed very well.  The speedo reads about 80mph most of the time, but otherwise everything seems to work as it should!

Lovely car, lovely photo and lovely place mate! Thanks for sharing.
You are lucky to be already in spring up there! That said yesterday and today were like that too in Brittany.

Hi Duncan,
I bleed my brakes with 0.1 bar of pressure applied through a modified top on the master. Easier than convince my wife to synchronously "appuie, lâche, appuie, lâche, appuie..." Smile
When I talk to random passers-by who show an interest in my car, I usually say that Austin 7's are a bit like rats - you are never more than half a mile from one.

(Proportionally, that is about right)

2 in Buxton together today - see Tony Griffith's post.   Maiden runs for both.

I rest my case. Smile
Apparently there are approximately 150 million rats in the Uk, that's about 2.5 rats per head of population.
I'll get my coat...
Nice looking car BTW, and lovely setting too
perhaps 'like buses' - they tend to congregate?