The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I finally got fed up and went for a drive in the Seven to get some wet fish, I don't like the pre packed frozen stuff and our local wet fish shop has been closed since the first lock down. A friend told of one not far away and I had an enjoyable drive.
Hello,
I have put the front axle back in place. New kingpins, brake level bushes, new z-bearings and hub lib seals.

Bert Smile
Took a friend a trip into Galashiels for shopping.
Her modern car has broken again, major electronic failure which might mean the car needs to be taken to Edinburgh. £££££s. Austins don't have these problems.
My friend lives in a village with no transport and has a 92 year old mother to look after who has had her jag.
Three large bags of shopping and a stop to feed the birds.
Everyone seems very pleased to see the Austin. Lots of headlight flashing, waves and smiling pedestrians. While parked several conversations. A family stopped so that mother & small daughter could be photographed with the car.
Very enjoyable, cheers everyone up.
Jim
Old lady with a Jag - can't be bad !
Scots slang for an injection...
Finished a new engine side panel. The old steel one had round holes for ventilation which didn't look very vintage so I made a replacement in aluminium with some louvres made with tooling inspired by Mark Atkinson's excellent work on Slippery Ann

Looks very good!
(31-01-2021, 10:39 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Looks very good!

From you Duncan, that's an especially appreciated compliment.

c
The weather was quite mild and dry today so I took the car out for a run round the area, with the intention of popping in to see a friend who had been having some health problems. Patrice wasn't in so I left a message with a neighbour and carried on, stopping off for a photos opportunity at the memorial to the Lalle mining disaster of 1861 in Bessèges.

The 11th of October 1861, 142 miners were working underground when violent thunderstorms took place causing rivers in the area to burst into the mine, trapping 111 men and boys. Two were rescued later that day, three others several days later. The remainder, 106 souls perished. Fathers & sons, brothers, friends and neighbours.

It is the worst mining disaster in history to strike the Alès basin. The names of all those that died are engraved on the sides of these granite slabs.

[Image: 20210201-141501.jpg]
I haven't driven an elderly motor for over 12 months, but with spring approaching and some spannering in the offing, I have to reverse the position of the two cars in my (tandem) garage. Charged the battery up, fitted it to the Cabriolet and, even with year old petrol, it started second attempt! Ominous red light on the dash that failed to extinguish, but I have every confidence a reasonable cobweb removal run will sort that out. Ever the optimist, eh...