The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Outside it is then !!!!! :-)
I spent the day removing the rear axle - preparing for new springs and halfshaft seals. The worst part so far has been trying to fit the puller to damaged threads on both hubs.

Peter.

(04-04-2020, 02:14 PM)flywheel1935 Wrote:   Could still appreciate a definitive answer to my original question ref the rad support plate > inside or outside the engine bay bodywork ????

From the appearance of the cowl I would say it is fitted inside the flitch plate (as the next picture shows) or am I completely miss-understanding your question !
Just before we were all confined to barracks, my 14 year old great grandson came to stay with me for ostensibly for a week, but now it appears he is here for the summer.

You have to start home education somewhere, so I have been teaching him to shoot an air rifle and to drive the Landrover. Fortunately, there is half a mile of private track between my bungalow and the main road, so we have plenty of space for this.

Having got quite proficient in the Landy, and finally succumbing to his entreaties, I gave him his first driving lesson in the RP yesterday. Having explained the quirks of the clutch, he mastered it first time away and absolutely loved driving the little car! Now I shall have to teach him how to double-declutch! (And hide the keys!)
A summer he (and you) will never, ever, forget David.

I look forward to hearing more about how it pans out for you both very much.
Can't think of a better way to entertain and teach the next generation - well done
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
I could stand it no longer. I’ve not heard an engine running for over a week now. So, acting on instructions from herself, I started up the lawnmower and cut the grass. I feel better now.
Alan Fairless
Just returned from 12 mile round trip in lovely Norfolk sunshine — hood down Opal. Looked as if I was enjoying myself ( as I was) but had a vague story up my sleeve concerning apples at Tesco. 
I did come across a blue and yellow stripy car on a roundabout but he was obviously  better employed than bothering me though goodness knows what as there is nothing much on the road apart from hormone driven pheasants. 
I would say get up out in your Seven, in a modest way, but have a purpose even if it’s a bit flimsy.
Is this breaking the law?
Not much to do in the garage at the moment so have been tidying the garden.  Yesterday I went for a bike ride to the next village and back. It's the first time I have ridden a bike since I passed my driving test 46 years ago.  True I had a 20 yard wobble on Steve's bike in the camping field at VSCC Prescott about 10 years ago but that doesn't count.  I quite enjoyed the experience on the deserted roads.  Things were enlivened when the chain came off and got jammed in the gear system.  Just like driving a Frazer Nash!   I was on a fancy mountain bike with 21 gears, that's 18 more than you need.
I might repeat the exercise today, hopefully without the mechanical issue.
Next weeks project is to breathe life into a part dismantled motorbike that has been languishing in one of the farm buildings for years.  It is an OSSA trials bike dating from the 1970's.  The engine is a 250 cc 2-stroke.   A bit of research on t'internet shows that OSSA were a well regarded make in the 1970's.
Time to don the lycra and go for my daily exercise!
Leave off the MAMIL kit Malcolm and play with the Ossa instead, a lovely little machine, always seemed to do well in the ISDT in the 60's and 70's IIRC...
By the way, have you a Chummy in your shed that I could have a look at when all this isolation is over?