The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Engine transplant.

Maybe I will get more than 37.5 mph with this one.

I have a delivery to make for "work" tomorrow, so an opportunity for a legitimate (test) drive.
(27-03-2020, 09:05 AM)Steve ka Wrote: The Art Director writes, on the pavement to avoid including in the picture the only white van for miles, the restriction parking sign and the grey litter/fag ends bin. The many hours at the keyboard awaiting us might encourage me to learn Photoshop, when I can snap the machine badly parked anywhere and then clean up the image afterwards.

Here you are - complete with protest group, a very big copper and the naughtier of the twins standing inside the sunshine roof (let's hope it's not a "Chicago sunroof" job...)

Attached Files
.jpg   Ruby-dangerous.jpg (Size: 261.08 KB / Downloads: 607)
One of the few delights of virus world is a gentle and not very early breakfast. Over the coffee, the dear lady wife has just asked " now what on earth were you up to?"
Yesterday I put the battery on charge - If I am not allowed out for 3 months, we don't want the battery to suffer. Do I need to put the axles on stands to stop the tyres from deforming ?
Tyres, just push the car a foot forwards or backwards.
    Had some luck over the last week, two people independently gave me a couple of Austin 7 books, The one on building a special is a great read haven't looked at the racing one yet.
Cheers

Mark
Looks like an early hard cover original of Austin Racing History from 1954 - mine is the 1968 soft cover reprint.
I can't say I've ever noticed any lasting detriment from a few months lay-up standing on her tyres.
The tyres will probably develop a slight flat spot, but it will run out quickly next time you use the car. I wouldn’t worry too much about it, just keep an eye on the pressures if this goes on a few months.
Alan Fairless
Put a few extra pounds in the tyres for the duration.