The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Lightbulb 
Went to a meeting of the Meirion Classic Car Club at Barmouth this lunchtime.

.jpg   S030I001.JPG (Size: 98.15 KB / Downloads: 621)

Overlooking the harbour at Barmouth

.jpg   S030I002.JPG (Size: 101.42 KB / Downloads: 624)

A lady walking her dog asked it she could take a photo of the car and then offered to take this 'selfie' on my camera.

Coming home through Bala, I thought that the car felt a little wobbly as I approached the hill to home. Pulled up in the yard and couldn't see anything wrong. Went out 15 mins later to put the car away and found the nearside rear tyre flat. Job for Saturday I think.
Today we have been mainly lifting the body of OY to carry out crash repair of chassis...

How did you get on with the insurance company Henry? Were you paid out as a write-off or have you been able to make a sensible arrangement? My brother had all kinds of hassle with his 2CV due to chassis damage... they insisted the car be broken not repaired. I think he's finally given up.
I was insured with RH/ERS. The accident was on September 17th and despite the other party admitting full liability things have still not been fully resolved.
I have not been offered a write off payment and have had to negotiate a disappointing deal with a strange vehicle inspection company who seem to have no knowledge/interest in our cars.
The whole episode confirms my belief that insurance is necessary but don't make a claim.
This is a surprising and unusual post.
RH have a very good reputation in the Austin Seven worod
What has gone wrong and have you taken up your complaint with the A7CA Henry?
It mirrors my brother's experience...
I’m extremely sorry to hear this Nick.
If you can’t get satisfaction from the company my advice is to approach the A7CA for help.
If this is becoming common then the association need to know.
Have you taken this up with the insurer, they usually increase the offer, have you sent in documentation to support the value. If no joy complain to the insurance ombudsman, let insurer know you will do this.

Strange chassis, and big seven front axle, have insurance co made ref or ducked on account of mods?
Chris's issue was with a 2CV Ian, so I doubt the A7OC would fight his corner, but point taken. He found the chap sent to inspect had little sympathy for an enthusiast and no understanding of the options for repair. Despite having cherished salvage rights he had to argue to keep the car and was told that it could not be put back on the road even if repared.
Hi Henry 

What are we looking at exactly please? Is it an RP on a low chassis with Big 7 axle,  and which  chassis, and/or are the extensions all or part modified?