The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
If there is one wonderful thing about Austin Seven owners, they will always, without question, find a series of ingenious, inexpensive and effective solutions to any possible car-related problem!

Austin Rear Ends. Distinguished Forumist Mr Hobday will recognise where this is, despite living closer to it than me he manages to escape cat feeding when the owner is away!
It’s run three times in the last 30 years. Decided at last to do something with it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alan Fairless
mind you don't put your foot through the floor
What floor?
Alan Fairless
Nice Austin 12 oil pressure gauge!
Must be quick - the speedo goes up to a hundred!
It is quick. The handbrake came off an E-Type.
Alan Fairless
(17-09-2019, 07:58 AM)Robin Oldfield Wrote:
(15-09-2019, 07:25 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: Today, in the last couple of hours, put wheels on the old girl. Not had wheels on it for the last 30 years. Not had wheels with air in them for 50 years. And also fitted exhaust tailpipe. It's coming together.

Looking very good.  Don't forget the wing piping between each wing and the 'skirt' under the cowl.  Are your tyres 4.5 inches?  On my Pearl I found that these caught the inner wing on full lock so changed to 4 inches.

Robin, my tyres are 4.00, not 450's so should be ok.

As for the beading twixt wings and the little front skirt -  well it had no beading there when it was last on the road, 1967, and looking at many photos of mk 1 Ruby I found as many without beading as with beading. So decision was made, no beading twixt wings and skirt.
(18-09-2019, 02:35 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Austin Rear Ends. Distinguished Forumist Mr Hobday will recognise where this is, despite living closer to it than me he manages to escape cat feeding when the owner is away!

Somewhere just off the A30, presumably?