The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I took the Pytchley to the local VSCC meeting in Ripon.   When I set off it was sleeting but it improved to steady rain then showers and when I left it was sunny!
The usual mixed assortment of cars including a nice early Chummy that has been in the same family for over 60 years.
Utterly watertight and draught-proof, the Pytchley is the most comfortable Austin 7 imaginable for bad weather, it even has a windscreen wiper that works!
I fitted a pair of strong return springs to the front brake levers yesterday.  This has stopped any tendency for the brakes to bind on full-lock and the brake pedal and handbrake have a reassuring positive feel.   The stopping power, however, does not appear to have improved to any extent.        
We approach six hundred! Will trumpets be sounded, drums and cymbals bashed? Has a distinguished and senior commenter been appointed to take us into a new century?
Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
"Forward the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
(Yesterday, 07:40 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
"Forward the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Oh dear…..are you the harbinger of doom!  Not many of the six hindred survived I’m led to believe!

Howard
I was thinking of the Merc 600 Grosser at the time...
??

Howard
Not exactly William McGonagle, he was better about bridges.
Aye, the silvery Tay... though I prefer the Private Eye spoofs to the originals!
What, Lord Gnome’s verses are not original. Does EJ Thribb write them for him, when not in the remedial class for seventeen and a half year olds?