The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transferring a registration number to an A7
(11-10-2018, 05:18 PM)Stuart Giles Wrote: The only time I've transferred a number, I was told that the "old" registration  number would go on a virtual shelf at the DVLA, and that if the "new" number was taken off at any time, the original number would go back on the car again.

I was also given to understand that "non transferable" on the V5C  meant that another registration number could be transferred onto such a car, but the existing registration could not be transferred to another car or retention certificate.
 Top paragraph in is my experience correct.

Very old traction engine from the isle of man, probably off the road pre 1921 and possibly never regiatered in the current system. Restored in cheshire by the mid 1990's got issurd an age related plate. Moved to and re registered to the isle of man in the 2000's. All done properly. Came back 5 or 6 years ago. DVLA notified. Got its 1990ish age related plate back.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transferring a registration number to an A7 - by Hedd_Jones - 11-10-2018, 11:24 PM