The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indicators
(18-09-2018, 03:40 PM)hibbo Wrote:
(18-09-2018, 11:41 AM)peter burton Wrote: I had a similar problem with my flashers after fitting an electronic flasher to my mag engine converted to Bosch distributor. Everything worked fine until I started the engine, then the flashers went mad.
Easy cure, contacted the manufacturer of the electronic flasher and they recommended their in line suppressor between coil and dizzy ,duly fitted and all is now fine.
Incidently doing the same conversion using my magneto fitted car upset nothing as the mag. is making the engine fire in it's own little world of power.
All the best, Peter

Thanks for the advice, I've contacted the supplier of the flasher relay and they have put a suppressor in the post, fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the replies, and particularly to Peter, the suppressor arrived this afternoon and now the indicators work correctly. So simple if you know.
Regards
Graham
My thanks from us go to you, appreciated..  All too often those who reply to a problem never find out if things were successful for want of a few moments effort.
All the best, Peter.
I wonder if the position of the flasher unit affects things. Mine is behind the dashboard an therefore is shielded by the steel bulkhead from the sparks department. I have electronic ignition with copper plug leads so probably a lot of potential interference.
Jim
(19-09-2018, 10:44 PM)AustinWood Wrote: I wonder if the position of the flasher unit affects things. Mine is behind the dashboard an therefore is shielded by the steel bulkhead from the sparks department. I have electronic ignition with copper plug leads so probably a lot of potential interference.

Mine is under the dash and up by the top of the steering column also has copper cables but still obviously suffered from interference.
Regards
Graham