The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RK "bumpers"
Ah yes Bill I have that M8 Profile Publication, bought new in the early 1970's shortly before acquiring my first Morris Eight which like yours was a Pre-Series - mine was a Four Door Saloon with a KS 63XX Roxburghshire registration which I'd found in a Northumberland scrapyard. I'd really wanted a tourer rather than a saloon, so twelve month later when a 1936 Series I Four Seat Tourer turned up in the local paper taxed and MOT'd for £150 (a sizeable sum of money for a student) - I snapped it up and sold the Pre-Series Saloon to a friend of my cousin - I've had the Tourer ever since though it's now been off the road for a considerable length of time.

I see your June 1938 Series II M8 Tourer BBO 218 is listed on the DVLA Database but like mine is shown as 'Not taxed for on road use' - so it's been off the road since at least the introduction of SORN in 1991. It doesn't however appear in the Morris Register's Vehicle Database, so not owned by a MR member.

I believe the expensive M8 bumpers are actually manufactured in the far east - somewhere like South Korea but are marketed throughout Europe by a Netherlands based company - hence they're priced in Euros.
I have a slightly tatty pair of Morris 8 bumpers sitting in the garage if anyone is interested ( yorkshire)
Also a Block crank and pistons!
Ian
(19-09-2018, 01:55 PM)Viteran Wrote: I have a slightly tatty pair of Morris 8 bumpers sitting in the garage if anyone is interested ( yorkshire)
Also a Block crank and pistons!
Ian

Rich beyond your wildest dreams !