The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were to buy an Austin Seven today - what would you look for?
someone's moved the van. probably for the googlewagen to get by.
Returning to the original question. Because I know the limitations of my personal skill set: A pre-1930 tourer or sports, decent bodywork and interior trim. hopefully more or less OK running gear, engine and gearbox and electrics - not bothered because I can probably fix them for a cost. Which is pretty well what I bought almost 10 years ago and am still happy with!!
In my case it was not IF but WHAT after the fire that destoyed my three Austin Sevens and parts,tools etc.
After a few months in doubt, "stop or go?" I thought F### the Fire ( censored ) and GO. My aim is to build a special again that looks old and not from yesterday. Bought a few new spares to get started again !!
(07-09-2018, 01:59 PM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: Railwaydave said - "I think the picture of the Austin Pick up was taken on Burns Rd, which runs parallel to the Staines Rd, Bedfont, where J Gibbs had their Austin premises. The right hand semi has had its upper floor rebuilt."

Well, here's a StreetView shot of the location today.

Thanks for posting the google pic