The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
£38,000 Chummy
Yes, that's the one that I thought was earlier than it was, too!

This is a pretty conclusive v.v. early wide door car, part of a nice photo set...
http://austinharris.co.uk/photo/austin-s...engine/688

Wow - this plate still exists on a GE BRooklands replica...chassis 15815.... original reg 31/12/26 !!
My fading memory tells me that the butchers name was Evans.
He brought the car to many of the SWA7Club rallies over the years.
Somebody in the club most know more of this?
Full set of photos here

I think they were a set from a maintenance article of some sort.
(06-09-2018, 10:44 AM)austin Wrote: Full set of photos here

I think they were a set from a maintenance article of some sort.

They are fabulous! Did you get my note through your site about seeing if you could possibly work out the chassis number? This could be quite an important car... Jon
Sadly all I know is what is visible in the photos.
ok, but if we were to order a print, would the resolution be higher than what I can see on the screen, austin?
The chassis tag is right there, but the screen resolution isn't quite great enough to work it out...
(07-09-2018, 01:48 PM)JonE Wrote: ok, but if we were to order a print, would the resolution be higher than what I can see on the screen, austin?
The chassis tag is right there, but the screen resolution isn't quite great enough to work it out...

You could ask if the chassis number is legible in any size of print and then order one if it is. If, you are really lucky, you may even be told the chassis number without buying a print.
If £38,000 was too much for a chummy, does that mean the £12,000 Big Seven in the same sale was a bargain?
(07-09-2018, 04:30 PM)Austin Carr Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 01:48 PM)JonE Wrote: ok, but if we were to order a print, would the resolution be higher than what I can see on the screen, austin?

You could ask if the chassis number is legible in any size of print and then order one if it is. If, you are really lucky, you may even be told the chassis number without buying a print.

If someone cared enough to try, the best chance to read the chassis number would be to inspect the original glass plate negative with a magnifying glass. The detail those old plate cameras could capture was remarkable, but a lot is lost in printing.

Superb pictures, she's never used a starting handle though!
Just got the original scan, (taken at 600dpi direct from the glass plate.)

[Image: 44490604922_61d4dd736a_z.jpg]