The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryan Norfolk
Sad news indeed. RIP Bryan.
We are deeply shocked and saddened, having just come across this news here by chance. Bryan and Hazel were such a lovely kind couple and were booked to come on our second Essex Tour last month but had to cancel a few weeks before. He had thoroughly enjoyed the first one but said he had spinal problems making it uncomfortable to drive but that they would come on our next one in 2020. So obviously this news is hard to believe. 
We took part in both of Bryan and Hazel's 'Water and Windmills' tours of Norfolk and it was his inspiration that eventually stimulated our desire to organise a tour of Essex and Suffolk. He was a terrific help in advising us how to plan it right from the start with so many hints and tips that I feel his legacy now runs through our tours. 
Our sincerest condolences to Hazel and family.
Peter and Marion.
(23-07-2018, 11:17 AM)Nick Salmon Wrote: Bryan was always generous with his knowledge and I long ago lost count of how often he would drop me an email following my posting of a question on this forum. He offered sound advice and often offered parts too. You knew that whenever he and Hazel were around there would be a chat and a smile. It's really very sad that having only just made their dream move to Norfolk their plans for the future have ended so cruelly. People like Bryan make Sevening what it is. I shall miss him.

I too was sad to hear the news, as we corresponded often and because I helped him with local stamps etc he refused payment for his books - obviously a nice man.  So Bryan won't just be missed on his home patch.    Cheers,  Bill
Over the years, I came across Bryan at a wide variety of events and he always stood out as a generous and helpful member of our community.

Very sad news, our world will be diminished with his passing

David
Although Bryan was just up the road from here we didn’t see him in his new Norfolk home — last time we met he was in throes of moving. I saw him when he came over to bring an OM SU for the Opal prior to a big trip last year. He was kindness personified and generous when responding to others. A great chap and the best of Seveners.

Charles
(23-07-2018, 12:23 AM)Rick F Wrote: Bryan had been a member of the Norfolk A7 Club for 13 years - he had a holiday home here before moving up permanently. A lovely man who will be sadly missed.

Rick Fryer
Membership Secretary
Norfolk Austin Seven Club
www.na7c.co.uk

Rick,
Please pass on our condolences to the family.
Geoff & Iwona
Brian was a lovely fellow, I 'assisted' him a few times marshalling the London-Brighton run. My condolences to his family.