The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RN Windscreen rubber
(25-07-2018, 08:36 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: Ok that looks like a RM or early RN windscreen frame, I wouldn't try dismantling the frame in situ. You will find that there is a channel in the outside edge for the rubber seal, which is probably full of old hardened rubber, rust and years of crude build up. I would enjoy your car whilst we have this lovely weather which doesn't require a windscreen seal. Then in the winter months remove the whole windscreen from the car, the two bolts at each top corner hold the lower frame to the hinge, remove these and the lower frame and glass can be pulled off the hinge downwards. However it appears that rust, sealant etc may not let this happen. It may pay to stand the windscreen upside down in a length of gutter filled with Bilt Hamber's Deox C, environmentally friendly rust remover, for a few days before attempting to pull it apart.
Thanks Dave. When I am ready which window rubber/rubbers do I need to buy?
Many years ago I found that the Seven Workshop seal was too big and used Vintage Supplies seal however they have changed their catalogue numbering and I don't know which it was. I see B0402A on the present Seven Workshop website appears to be correct, I suggest that you ask Jamie for a 1" sample to try.