The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Austin Sevens in Films
I've been re-watching the film Genevieve and spotted this chummy in an early scene; I can't decipher the registration number, I wonder whether anyone recognises it?

.jpg   Genevieve.JPG (Size: 85.62 KB / Downloads: 380)
Well spotted Mike! And what a good idea - well overdue for a re-run. 
(It's all the more entertaining with Greek subtitles!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS8DD1r39Z8
I can't make the reg number out either, but it's about 18 minutes 45 seconds in if anyone else wants to try.
Is it an AD tourer?  Does the reg begin with a C and end in a 3?  Could it be this one, which is at Caister Castle Transport Museum?

.jpg   CL 9183 Caister Motor Museum.jpg (Size: 186.17 KB / Downloads: 338)
It has only a forward mounted nearside headlight fitted, but it does have sidelights. Big Grin The things we used to get away with.
Cheers, Geoffrey
I have been, with my granddaughter, to see the recently released movie called "Wonka". Austin Sevens and a larger Austin appear a few times in the background. You have to be on the alert to see them, though, because the appearances are brief.
The movie can be enjoyed by adults as well as children. The cast has a lot of well-known older British actors.
The problem with modern films is that there is no way to work out whether things are real or CGI unless you happen to watch the 'how they did that' and see that the wonderful background you were admiring is just a green screen and a lot of computer work.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Impossible to decipher the number plate. Looks like it only has one headlight. And unless it is an optical illusion there appears to be an odd and pronounced slope to the bonnet.

.jpg   Chummy.JPG (Size: 18.22 KB / Downloads: 247)
A closer look at the number plate suggests it is CJ and four numbers.  There are only a couple of candidates on the chassis register - CJ 9524 and CJ 9839.

.jpg   Genevieve Chummy.jpg (Size: 120.89 KB / Downloads: 216)
A CJ registration would be entirely feasible, a Herefordshire issue that ran from January 1904 to June 1927. So the likelihood, if it is CJ, is a very late number like 9839.

.jpg   i001291252.jpg (Size: 60.04 KB / Downloads: 174)
.jpg   i001291252.jpg (Size: 60.04 KB / Downloads: 174)     Absolute Beginners Film 1986  This scene filmed on a back lot set at Shepperton Studios