The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Seems like torture for the poor old thing
Do you realise that other parts of what was once referred to as the UK also have lanes,and walls and hedges Bob?
Thanks for posting that, Mike!
Some people just never grow up!
Nice splitter VW type II ...
It's a T1 Duncan - the T2 is the "bay window" version.
Hi Ian D
About 1961 I was transferred to the SI and in the manner of the time boarded privately. I ran an horrendous Ruby. An older mini owning fellow boarder had recently returned from his OE. He said he toured Britain in a Seven seeking out the lanes. But he reckoned with the brakes he was so concentarted on the next blind corner he never really saw much of Britain!
In my book a Volkswagen Type I is a Beetle, Type II is a bus and Type III is a Estate or Fastback, all with flat four stand up or lie down engines. My understanding is that the T prefix was first applied to the "square " type vans.
On Sunday, after some badgering by young Leon, we went out for a circular trip in the Seven.  From home, we went up Bwlch-y-Groes, then turning left, we went over the moors and down Cwm Eidda to Llyn Efyrnwy, then down to Rhosygwaliau and home. We covered about twenty-five miles, virtually all of it either up hill or down dale.

On the Moors

The River at Cwm Eidda

Car at Cwm Eidda

First Glimpse of the Lake

At the Lakeside

Above the Lake going to Rhosygwaliau

Coming Down Cwm Hirnant

The floor of the valley (with sheep)
Bob, I have no idea what you mean by SI & OE.
So far as I can tell from Google:
SI is Systeme International d'Unites, The definition of units.
OE means Operator Error.
Doesn't make sense.
Your friend should have fixed his brakes!
Jim