The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new car for a keen daughter...
The suggestion to start by making a card model is a good one.   I still have the model I made of the Pytchley, based on the one photo of the model I have ever seen.
It is interesting to compare the model with the finished body.            
Thanks Ruairidh, a real treat.
Malcolm, a very tidy model and as you said, I'm sure it will have been a great guide to the real thing.
Either making a cardboard model or making a mock up on the rolling chassis and wheel it outside to step back and look at it from all angles to see if you're happy with the lines before committing to wood or metal.Very difficult to see the lines in the confines of the workshop.
If she takes into account all the pros & cons from her own experience of 11 years and thousands of miles of being an A7 passenger, she could come up with a cracking design. Go Daisy!

A Clarsaich-playing A7eer, now that's a winning combination. Bravo Daisy, I applaud your talent.
I foresee a range of tensioned strings on each corners, so that as you throw the car around at speed, it plays its own tunes in the wind.
An Aeolion Special in fact.
Brilliant idea.
Ruairidh
Since neither my son, daughter nor grandchildren are interested I have a spare Nippy body complete with screen, doors, wings, i.e. all the difficult curvy bits  A good project to learn welding, bit of panel beating and possibly a bit of woodwork.  I have a good intimate knowledge of how all body panels on it are made up.
Sadly no rear seats!!! but used to go courting in it and married said young lady.  If D does not wish to put her skills learned from you, at a younger age, on engine building (tap, tap, tap in goes the piston) I can also advise on the easy fit of a BMC engine to keep up with modern traffic  Dodgy.

Dennis
A very kind offer Dennis, thank you.

We shall be in Virginstowe at some point this summer so may come visit, if it suits.

Tap, tap, tap - well remembered!
That would be good R
Body framing for my special so single curves could be used. Probably more framing than needed but lasted 40+ years.                

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)